Pages

Thursday, 18 October 2012

Dual Boot on SGS3?

OK...currently I'm trying dual booting with my SGS3

wanna know how?sure...let me tell u guys my set up 1st

-HyperLight v0.9 ->HERE<- v1.0 is the latest build
-Siyah Kernel for s3 v1.7 RC1

what u need is..

1. siyah kernel..latest one..HERE
2. make sure u are on samsung JB rom or CM10 rom (other than these 2 rom, it wouldn't work)
3. see whether u got the STweaks app in your rom (dual boot option can be access using this app)

In my case..im using samsung JB rom as my 1st rom and i install cm10 as my 2nd rom
(optional, it can be other any aosp based rom...haven't tried others yet..BUT...NOT ICS ROM..AGAIN..NOT ICS)

1. make a nandroid backup
2. open STweaks and swipe to DUALBOOT tab
3. choose the REBOOT INTO 2ndROM Utils
4. it will automatically reboot into CMW recovery modded by siyah
5. choose DUAL-BOOT OPTIONS in the menu
6. then choose FORMAT 2ndROM system
7. select INSTALL ZIP to 2ndROM from INTERNAL or EXTERNAL 
(depending where u put the 2nd rom file is)
8. after that reboot system
9. at the start up menu...there will be a splash screen asking u which rom u wanna boot into...volume up (primary rom/1st rom) Volume down (secondary rom/2nd ROM)
10. enjoy your dual boot phone :)

**REMINDER

I WILL NOT BE HOLD ANY RESPONSIBLE IF ANY OF UR DEVICES BROKEN, PROCEED WITH CAUTION, IF U DON'T KNOW WHAT ALL THESE THEN STOP!!!! PROCEED UR DAILY LIVES WITH UR NORMAL SETTING PHONES :)

2 comments:

Paul Hilton said...

Nice 1 thanks, it's so easy when you know how :-)

Hariz Iskandar (hariz9511) said...

your welcome..glad I could help others :)